Consortium of kindergartens and schools from the area of the Heart of Slovenia
Development Centre of the Heart of Slovenia improves the field of cooperation with education institutions by establishing Consortium of kindergartens and schools from the area of the Heart of Slovenia. The purpose of the consortium is:
- Increase in creative potential of the youth.
- Strengthening the connections with the local environment.
- Strengthening the role of the individual in the environment and life within the area of the Heart of Slovenia.
The purpose of the cooperation is to establish a sustainable informing and present in detail as well as to give meaning to the local self-sufficiency, entrepreneurship and tourism with consultations, workshops and lectures.
- In entrepreneurial workshops students obtain knowledge, especially with concrete and practical experiences on how to generate entrepreneurial ideas and effectively turn them into innovations.
- In workshops of local self-sufficiency, different forms of sustainable farming are presented to students with the possibility of knowledge transfer into the local community (arranging the school garden, atrium, etc.), as well as the importance of locally produced food, which can be presented to their parents as well.
- In the tourism field there is a presentation of local sights. It is possible to include them into natural science, technical, sports and culture days for pedagogic personnel. Through these workshops students learn the importance of tourism for their home town.