INSiGHTS – Integrated Slow, Green and Healthy Tourism Strategies
Project duration: 1. 1. 2017 – 30. 6. 2019
Programme: Interreg Danube Transnational Programme
Lead partner: Pons Danubii European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (Slovakia)
Partner countries: Austria, Bulgaria, Croatia, Germany, Hungary, Romania, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia
Tourism in a green and healthy way? It is the only way!
How can we make regions more attractive to tourists in a green and healthy way?
The project INSiGHTS is about finding solutions for this question by developing tourism strategies, which not only make a region more attractive to tourists, but also protect its natural and cultural resources. Regions in INSiGHTS all have outstanding natural and cultural resources, and at the same time they have a great potential related to the fast-growing recreational trend of slow, green and healthy tourism.
What are the main outcomes of the project?
The development of eight integrated sustainable tourism strategies that will be developed by the partner regions and will be adaptable all across the Danube-region.
Project web site: www.interreg-danube.eu/insights
Facebook stran: www.facebook.com/InsightsDanube
Twiter stran: twitter.com/INSiGHTS_Danube
- Pons Danubii European Grouping of Territorial Cooperation (Slovakia), lead partner
- University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences, Vienna (Austria)
- Institute for Tourism (Croatia)
- CEEweb for Biodiversity (Hungary)
- Development Centre of the Heart of Slovenia (Slovenia)
- Harghita County Council (Romania)
- Zala County Government (Hungary)
- Local Action Group “Central Istria” (Croatia)
- Regional Development Agency with Business Support Centre for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (Bulgaria)
- Donautal-Aktiv e.V. (Germany)
- Regional Economic Development Agency for Šumadija and Pomoravlje (Serbia)
- Plovdiv District Administration (Bulgaria)
- Istrian Region – Administrative Department for Tourism (Croatia)
- Komárom-Esztergom County (Hungary)